11 December 2008

Caps Clip Bruins, Nats Go For It

I went to the Caps game last night and was excited to see slick Alexander Semin back in the line up. He was leading the league in points before going down with one of those "undisclosed" upper body injuries. Whatever it was, he was out for 12 games, but seemed to pick up where he left off as that first powerful line of the two Alexes and Backstrom contributed 2 of the 3 goals last night. More importantly, Johnny once again looked like the #1 goalies, creating a goalie controversy given how much Theodore is getting paid and given how many goals Theodore has been letting in when he gets the nod. There were lots of Bruins fans (especially since me and my brother sat near their bench) but the phone booth was still painted red. I'm glad we stayed for the Ovechkin empty net goal, which showed just how fast the Great 8 can skate.

The team is hard to recognize with so many call-ups from the Hershey Bears. Collins look liked he belonged out there last night, and I hope if he continues to play like that, he stays. I didn't even know his first name until now.

The Wizards made a trade that I am not sure will help them, but they needed to do something.

The Nats supposedly offered Teixeira a huge contract worth $160 million. That would make him DC's highest paid athlete, should he accept. Even more than Ovechkin...

Back to school for now, that's the view from the DC sports kid for this morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo , I saw your 'promo' on the Washington Post's feature with Mike Wise and Brashear, good site man.