02 December 2008

No, Really I'm Back

I cannot believe a year has gone by since my last post. I was NOT grounded the whole time, this time. Last night I met a Wapo reporter (Mike Wise) and he prompted me to get back in the saddle again.

Besides, where else can I express my outrage at Texas getting eclipsed by OU in the BCS polls to create the farce that Oklahoma gets to go play Missouri for the Big 12 Championship while the Longhorns have to sit there and watch two teams they beat play for the right to go to the national championship. It really stinks. I'd say sucks, but my mom might censor that.

A lot has happened in a year. The Caps went on a run and made the playoffs. So did the Skins and Wizards but they were not nearly as exciting. The Nats opened a new stadium (and I was there) but found new ways to lose even more games. The Hoyas didn't go as far as I would have liked and the Hibbert era ended. School got a lot harder. I changed hockey clubs too, and even became a ref.

But some things stayed the same: Arenas is still hurt, Portis is a total warrior, Ovechkin is MVP, and the Nats still need pitching.

Meanwhile I am going to post again regularly, even if I have to use my free period at school.

No comments: