25 March 2007

Georgetown Beats UNC!!!







There haven't been any new posts for a while because I was punished. And no, these are not excuses. My mom will vouch for me. (she will probably post something confirming this).


Today,a miracle happened for us Hoya fans. The Georgetown Hoyas beat the North Carolina Tar Heels to get into the Final Four in Atlanta. They play Ohio State (my man Roy Hibbert is 2 inches taller than "40-year old" 7-footer Greg Oden). The game started off with UNC having a small lead which grew larger and smaller as the game progressed. But, Georgetown came back and tied the game into OT. Then, GTown had a lot of rebounds in order to make UNC score 3 points in all of OT. Hibbert, Jeff Green, Jessie Sapp, and Jonathan Wallace were big contributors to the Hoyas' 22-3 run, which made Georgetown win the game.


But, that wasn't the best part...
I live not too far from the Georgetown campus, so when the game was over, my brother, Mom and I put on our Hoya jerseys and ran out to the enormous mob forming by our house. We followed the mob until we got pretty far from the gates. We led the crowd with rousing chants of "Hoya Saxa!!!" Many soon-to-be-drunk college students said such things as:"Oh look, a Baby Hoya" , " You rule kid", "You rock", and "Oh look it's my little brother". We got countless high-fives from students, Numerous pictures taken of us, and I am SURE that someone posted something of me on YouTube (go see for yourself)
Newsflash!
I'm on TV (FOX 5 to be exact)
This was a great night, and I'm sure I will remember it (at least until my hoarse voice gets better).
This is Connor R., signing off. This has been MY view in sports, from DC Sports Kid

No comments: